Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Doula Doula Doula

So I leave for my Doula Workshop this weekend. Can I just say that I am SO excited to get the ball rolling with this. For those of you who don't know, I've decided to pursue my certification to be a Birth Doula through DONA International. I've become VERY passionate and strongly believe that every woman and their family should have the chance to experience a positive birth experience. It really frustrates and saddens me to see/hear horror stories about birth experiences gone bad. What an incredible BLESSING it is, as women, to experience Childbirth. It's hard work. It's painful. But I truly believe that it can be one of the most exhilarating/positive experience to be had in ones lifetime. Every time I think about opportunity to serve families during this time... my heart just fills with complete Joy. What a huge blessing and privilege to be a part of any woman's birth experience. So if you all could be praying for me, I would seriously appreciate it. After my workshop I've got a whole list of things to complete in order to get my certification. Included in that list is to attend 3 births as a doula. If you know of any families who are looking for support during their births, please give them my name. I'm eager to be there and to offer anything I can.

Also, this will be my first time away from the kids for this long! Ok, so it's only a weekend... but let's be honest, I'll probably cry. I'll miss them. I'll miss Cory. I leave Friday morning and hopefully will get back before midnight on Sunday... hopefully. I'm planning on marathoning it home after the workshop gets done. So pray I stay awake. Ha! Anyway, thanks for all the prayers and I'll keep you all updated on how the process goes.

xo.


Found this video. Great information on what a Doula does.

3 comments:

jason said...

you've got a big heart and what better way to show love to others then during this profound time in their lives.

i'm proud of you and hope this is a super trip.

cory church said...

SO excited for you hunny.

Serena said...

THAT IS SOOOO AWSOME!!! Yeah, way excited for you, You'll be and Awsome doula!!!!
s :)