Wednesday, January 28, 2009

..the art of Prayer..


Prayer as Community from 24-7 Prayer on Vimeo.


Lately, I've been feeling this urgency for prayer. I'm not talking about praying before meals and asking God to bless my family before bed. I'm talking about the core of what prayer is. I'm talking about true and deep conversation with God. Eating, sleeping, breathing, LIVING in constant communion with our Heavenly Father. Paul urged the Thessalonians to pray constantly. Acts points out that the early church met often for prayer. It's such a MASSIVE part of the Word, yet it's something often glanced over in the Church and among believers. It's been watered down and often all together forgotten in our day to day lives. The reality is, we were created to be in constant communion with our Creator. THAT is what prayer is. It's not just asking God for blessings. It's conversation. It's worship. Amidst all that is going on day to day, our life is meant to be first and foremost, focused around God. Imagine the possibilities of what could happen in the body of believers if we all made conscience decisions to constantly walk this way with God. With everything we do and say. With our love. 

The other day I hopped over to my lovely friend Kate's blog and she had posted a video made by 24-7 Prayer. It moved me to the core. It's so incredible to see brothers and sisters in Christ moving back to the basics and living in such a way that is in constant relation to Christ. It was a real kick in the butt for me. So for the next few weeks in our Missional Community, we're going to dive into prayer. I'm excited to see how God works in our individual lives, within our group, as well as in our City.  If anyone is interested in joining us, we meet on Thursdays Nights at 6:30. Please pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit as we rediscover what prayer is.

0 comments: